"Best candles ever. Not overpowering and fake smelling—just delightful!"
Zoë Weld, O’Fallon, IL
Ignite Good Feelings
Early hominids tamed fire hundreds of thousands of years ago. Even today, being near a flame strikes chords within us of security, safety, and wellbeing. Light a candle and relax.
We are proud to offer you the finest quality hand-poured candles. Our proprietary, vegan blend of soy, coconut, and candelilla waxes ensures a clean and long-lasting burn. Braided cotton wicks support a steady flame.
The alluring aromas are derived from essential oils. Candles smell great unlit and while burning.
Light one up for instant hygge. Soak up the warm glow.
Almond Spice—with real almond, bergamot, cassia, and clove essential oils.
Balsam Fir & Juniper—think Christmas trees
with essential oils of balsam, juniper, and lavender
Lavender—full, soft, floral-herbal lavender bouquet
with lavender essential oil
Orange & Vanilla—sweet citrus treat
with natural vanilla infusion and essential oils of orange, and patchouli.
Patchouli—classic earthy aroma
with essential oil of patchouli
Sweet Birch—the smell of root beer
with essential oils of sweet birch and cinnamon
Vetiver & Ylang Ylang—exotic, sweet, musky
vetiver and ylang-ylang essential oils.
"Perfect gift! Going to treat myself. Your soaps can now scent my house, not just my shower!!!"
Judy Millen from our Facebook page
Candles come in gold tins, 2 oz, and 4 oz. The 8 oz size is in amber glass.
Estimated burn times
8 oz — 48 hours
4 oz — 24 hours
2 oz — 12 hours
Estimates are based on good burning practices. Please see our guidelines below.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Don’t burn on or near anything flammable.
- Keep away from children and pets.
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
How to Burn Herbaria Candles
For safety and to make them last as long as possible
- Keep wicks trimmed to 1/4" for the best flame.
- Always try to achieve a full melt pool—liquid all the way across, before extinguishing the candle. The first burn will determine how the candle will melt for the rest of its life. Each time you light it, burn for about an hour. This will prevent tunneling and allow the candle to burn its brightest for as long as possible.
- Don't burn a candle for more than four hours.
- Keep debris out of the candle.
- A “mushroom” shape can develop on the end of your wick. Trim it before use.
- Burn candles in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts.
- Keep candles at least 3” apart.
- Burn on a level, non-flammable surface.
- Unless thoroughly cooled, don’t move or touch the candle container.
Developed after extensive tests of waxes, wicks, scents, and more.
Why Herbaria Candles?
- Clean and long-burning all-vegetable wax blend.
- Cotton wicks with a paper core for a steady flame and no toxins.
- Scented only with essential oils—never synthetic fragrance or isolates. Our aromas may not be as pervasive as those artificial scents, but take comfort in their wholesome, natural bouquet.
- The Danes, who burn more candles than anyone in the world, know about ”hygge.” Candlelight promotes relaxation, comfort, and well-being.
- We are happy to reuse our jars after the candles have burned.